1) Give me a description of your general SEO experience.
Ans – It may differ
2) Do you currently do SEO on your own sites and give me some examples. Do you operate any blogs? Do you currently do any freelance work and do you plan on continuing it?
Ans – It may differ – it depends on person to person
3) What industry sites, blogs, and forums do you regularly read?
Ans – It may differ but most read websites are search engine journal, web pro news, search engine land, SEOmoz etc.
4) Have you attended any search related conferences?
Ans – It may differ Yes or no
5) What SEO tools do you regularly use?
Ans – It may differ but most used SEO tools are web seo, IBP are seo tools
6) What SEO areas are you weak and strong in, and give examples of both.
Ans – It may differ but On page, Off page, Competitive research, link building, copy writing, ppc etc.
7) What areas do you think are currently the most important in organically ranking a site?
Answer – Obviously a subjective answer, but domain trust, inbound links/anchor text, and properly formatted title tags are a good start.
8) Do you have experience in copywriting and can you provide some writing samples?
Ans – It may differ yes or no
9) Are you familiar with enterprise web analytics and what packages are your familiar with?
Ans – It may differ, but generally includes Google analytics, Omnitture, stat counter
10) Are you familiar with A/B testing and multivariate testing?
Ans – It may differ – Yes – or no
A/B testing, split testing, or bucket testing is a method of marketing testing by which a baseline control sample is compared to a variety of single-variable test samples in order to improve response rates. A classic direct mail tactic, this method has been recently adopted within the interactive space to test tactics such as banner ads, emails and landing pages.
Multivariate testing is usually employed in order to ascertain which content or creative variation produces the best improvement in the defined goals of a website
11) Are you experienced in managing PPC campaigns? how to increase quality score?
Ans – It may differ – Yes – or no
Increasing quality score – make sure that keywords are included in Ad copy & Content of lading page, Meta tags & Title Tags.
12) Why are you moving from your current position and/or leaving any current projects?
Ans – It may vary from person to person
13) What is page segmentation?
Ans – VIPS is a research paper from Microsoft that stands for Vision-based Page Segmentation which is just an offshoot of the general topic of page segmentation. It is an analysis of how a user understands web layout structures based on visual perception and is independent from the underlying code and technologies. Each section of the page is segmented into blocks and different degrees of relevance are put on each block. This explains one reason why links in content areas are more heavily weighed than sidebar and navigational links (another reason is through the use of shingling algorithms, which I’ll get into on another question). Since this is a visual topic, I’ll give you a visual example from the research paper:
14) What is Phrase Based Indexing and Retrieval and what roles does it play?
Ans – Phrase based indexing is used to classify good and bad phrases based on certain criteria inside the entire document. The number and proximity are taken into account. It also is capable of predicting the presence of other phrases on the page and will assign a higher or lower value depending on if those phrases or present or not.
15) What is Latent Semantic Analysis (LSI – Indexing)?
Ans – The process of analyzing the relationships between terms in sets of documents. The engine looks not only at the query, but also looks for common terms in the document set. Documents that are semantically similar will carry more weight than those that are not. This is often a misunderstood concept.
16) IF you have given new website for SEO, then what would your SEO Strategy from Scratch.
Ans – It may vary – Yes or no
But Identical SEO Strategy should be
1) Web Site Analysis Analyze website, content & Web site structure
2) Keyword Research & Optimization
3) Web Page Optimization Site navigation, image tagging, Meta tags preparation, internal linking etc.
4) Link Building & Optimization
5) Monitorning on SERP & Web Analytics Tool
6) Evaluating SEO Strategy and Implementation of restrategy based on result.
Hope this article would help you for preparing SEO Job Interview questions. If you have any other SEO Job Interview questions, you can share here in comment with answer, Hence I’ll update this questions & answer list. share your comments and suggestions.